Hey folks! I had time for a quickie, so I thought I would oblige.
**Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for any thoughts shared on this post, and will not apologize for my views on this matter as it is MY blog and I can say whatever the hell I please...so if you don't like it, KICK ROCKS!**
Now forgive me if I'm wrong, but I kind of thought that there were a few pre-requisites (if you will) for living such as food, water, and hmmm...I don't know, perhaps...breathing??? Apparently, in some parts of the country, this is not the case, and it really burns my ass, so I must vent.
Do people that smoke think they are the only ones who exist in the universe? I mean do they think that everyone wants to inhale their carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, hydrogen cyanide, with a splash of ammonia, cocktail along with the rest of the toxins and carcinogens we are already subject to via pollution? Yes, they do, because each day when I arrive at work, after walking through the garage and past the nursing school (where they congregate in droves and block pedestrians' access to the sidewalk) I am on the verge of an asthma attack before I can even get to my office door!
Please note my top 10 gripes regarding smokers (these are in no particular order):
1. There are dumb asses who warn you about how everything causes cancer from McDonald's fries to putting lotion on your boobs (okay, maybe that's a bit dramatic--but someone--yes, a smoker actually DID tell me that)....but they blaze a pack a day!
2. Doctors and nurses--you know, those officials who preach health--at hospitals--you know one of those places which allegedly "promotes" health--meet regularly in the courtyard for coffee...and yes, a cigarette.
3. Your co-workers who smoke not only take a 15 minute smoke break before they start work, mid-morning, after their 1 1/2 hour lunch, and mid-afternoon, they also take one in the late afternoon right before leaving 15 minutes early tallying up their total amount of actual hours worked to a whopping 2! While us non-smokers bust our asses...well maybe not while blogging, but I'm making a point here!
4. People in the Club or at social gatherings clearly can tell that you are a non-smoker--of course because your nails aren't yellow, your teeth aren't stained, and your voice isn't one octave below its normal level--and they stand right by you and exhale their ghastly fumes!
5. There are certain individuals who will buy a carton of cigarettes on a regular basis, but use WIC and other social services for formula and pampers.
6. How about those folks who stand right in front of no smoking signs and blaze them up?
7. Do you enjoy watching the elderly man who wheels his oxygen tank along side him yet smokes 3 cigarettes between the time he leaves his car and walks into the doctor's office?
8. Have you not heard that there are those who get lung transplants shortly after they've used and deteriorated their original lung(s) by smoking...........and they still smoke!
9. Now don't you get really get fired up when you see those who work in fast food restaurants and they're outside smoking as you walk in...don't wash their hands...and go right over to wrap your sandwich, package your fries, and grab your cup (at the rim) to make your drink.
10. And how on EARTH could I leave out the idiot who as your sitting at a red light and glance over at them, they're on their cell phone, smoking a cigarette and through the misty cloud, you can see a baby in a car seat, a child in a booster seat, and a pre-teen in the front.......and the windows are up!
Okay, now I feel better...not really....but at least I got that out. In comments, by all means, agree, disagree, and/add to the list!