Sunday, February 8, 2009

I Am Here...Therefore, I Blog

Greetings, and thank you for those of you who have reached out to me via e-mail to check on me and make sure I was still alive and kicking...I appreciate your concern and sincerely apologize for my absence. Yes, I'm still here, but I have been busy, busy, BUSY!

In this day and age of an economic crisis where states and local governments are being forced to skim down and cut back, I happen to be among the thousands whose salary is on the old chopping block. So the stress of having to take furlough days and watching what little savings was there, slowly dwindle away, has overwhelmed me...I have been forced to get a 3rd job.

So my friends, that's where I've been...at the local auto parts store during my free evenings, getting greasy and dirty, meanwhile still juggling those other fun activities like basketball games, Boy Scouts, band, track...and trying to maintain sanity by going to church. Contrary to popular belief, I was not abducted by aliens...I did not run away and join the circus...or join a nudist colony or a convent (wow, that almost felt like blasphemy to put those two items side by side!)...I am here...therefore, I blog.

In comments...what has been going on with all of you? I dare not try to catch up on all the reading I've missed, so I will count on you to give me an update and will try as much as I can to pick up where I left off.

15 comments:

M. Robert Turnage said...

February 8th is my birthday - that is the biggest news I have now.

And you posted on my birthday - this is the BEST PRESENT EVER!

Things are fine here. Hope you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

There's no blasphemy. Nudists like circuses even though most clowns won't part with their makeup, big shoes and red noses (see www.nakedclowncalendar.com/).

And... I know several nuns and priests who are nudists.

Pamela said...

Tera, let's see... I've been going through my ups and downs of getting over a divorce. But that was happening before you took a break. My kitchen is getting more and more done but ever so slowly. My back hurts...but that's just today

I'm sorry about the third job. You should make the kids work - they used to work in factories a long time ago - they're hardy!!! Kidding.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

as long as u are back is all that counts sister

Nance said...

Welcome back, and that's quite the juggling act you're performing over there. You're brave and tenacious. I'm proud of you and you have my admiration.

Don't forget to breathe. Literally. Take a deep breath when you can. You'd be surprised how often you'll find yourself NOT doing that.

Good luck.

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Handle your Biz babygurl, we all are Hustlin more.

Kofi said...

Welcome back!

Tera said...

MrT~Happy to oblige...and I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

USA~Welcome...very interesting!

NoR~Don't think the thought didn't cross my mind! LOL! Hope you're feeling better today :)

Torrance~Why thank you :)

Nance~Thank you, and yes indeed, I learned that the hard way!

Bossmiggity~That we are!

Kofi~Thanks!

Churlita said...

I'm still running my kids all over, probably like you are. My youngest daughter is still driving me to drinking, even though I love her more than anything.

So, I guess nothing's changed in my world.

Nina said...

Hmmm...baby stuff. baby stuff and more baby stuff. the baby keeps me pretty busy. can't imagine doing all you do. i already feel like i'm low on time. kiss them boys for me!

Lisa Johnson said...

Welcome back and Happy Valentine's Day!

Wow, three jobs. That's a whole lot of work. I'm glad you've managed to take a bit of time for yourself here. Take care! ; )

Scott said...

I've been almost as bad as you at blogging, so I'm one to talk. Your life sounds a bit on the scary side now. Hopefully the stimulus package will affect you in a positive way.

Dagromm said...

Three jobs is a biznitch. How long does that look to be the norm? Hopefully not too long.

Tera said...

Churlita~There is a lot driving me to drinking now-days!

Nina~I shall! Hi Micah! :)

Anali~Thanks :)

Scott~Hopefully so!

Dagromm~I'm not sure...probably until I'm wealthy, married, or burnt out!

Poker Betting Strategy said...

To me it is not clear