Thursday, March 15, 2007

American Idol

Each week, millions of people (the remainder from those who only opt to watch the auditions for a good laugh) rush to the TV to watch American Idol. Viewers watch the show awaiting the anticipated moment of casting votes for their favorite singer(s). Historically, I am not an avid American Idol fan, but this year for some reason, I was sucked in!

Needless to say, I have my favorites, and I have my least favorites...one of which being Sanjaya (another was Antonella Barba-but she's gone). Each week I have watched in utter disappointment as he squeaks by to the next week and they send home one "better" singer after another.

Well, today, I got some shocking news...it appears that he is a part of a website (and this is not word for word) that is designed for the "worst singer" to get votes to "keep America laughing." I also saw where Howard Stern urges his viewers to vote for the worst singer so as to "throw the vote."

I dont know how the rest of you feel, but I don't like this one bit. I mean what if it gets down to it, and he is competing with those like Jordan, Melinda, and Lakesha who have worked really hard and can really sing???

Your thoughts?

4 comments:

Nina said...

I really don't think that any one person is influential enough to throw the vote. Not even the lovely Howard Stern. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Sanjaya is Indian? Well, after discussing the possible reasons why he's still on the show with a friend, a conclusion has been made...India is what, the second most populous country in the world? Well, obviously his fellow natives are keeping him around :)

Tera said...

You know I thought that too until I heard (somewhere) that only "America" can vote for the "American" Idol??? Hopefully someone knows this for sure :)

Nina said...

There are tons of Indian people in America! Doesn't KY have any 7/11 's?!?!?!?

Tera said...

Nina-Ha...you're silly!!! Minor details! I guess I didn't think of it from that angle :)